Joshua Bloch’s JavaOne’06 presentation on Effective Java Reloaded previewed his second edition of the most famous Java best practice guide in the Java developer community. Finally, the book is hitting the market on Nov 9, 2007 and it is available for Pre-Order from Amazon.com. But, you can start using some of these best practices today. Google Collections is home for some of these Java programming best practices. Not sure, when these features would become part of core library. They are simple to use and provide rich data structures and complement the Java collections library. Go for it, though its still in its alpha release. Google Collections is a natural home for these developer savvy features until we see them adopted in the core library. After all, Joshua is Google’s Chief Java Architect.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Local Variable Type Inference in Java 10
- Must have Time and Size Log4J appender for your application
- Private interface methods in Java 9
- Java 8 gearing up for release, why Java 8 will be a top contender for Java.next languages in 2014?
- Configuring chunk size in Apache HttpClient 4.3.x